Budweiser Snatches The Can Away From Washington
Well Denzel Washington does it again, but this isn’t a real life surreal episode you see with ol girl what her name… Snooki in the background drinking it up doing side cart wheels, that would make George Washington chip a wooden tooth with glee no see…
This time Washington has cross a big fat white line for drinking in his latest movie (A Budweiser Authentic) and they were seeing red LOL. Budweiser had those “Angry Eyes” , aimed firmly at Washington And Paramount Pictures because he was drinking their brand of beer during a scene from “Flight“.
So basically it’s an issue because, Budweiser highly upset due to the fact that Washington dons a beer while behind the wheel of a really, REALLY big ass vehicle which just so happens to be a plane.
Now one would think in most movies these days right, how many times have you seen scenes in movies where actresses, or actors, pick up a brand named beer beverage or liquor and just go to town on it all the way. I mean I know it is stupid as H**L to actually drink, then turn around and proceed to drive LOL.
But what movie that is a top movie, and top star included that hasn’t gotten away with what most people could in a fast 60 seconds if you were an actual airplane pilot. I mean just look at the movie “The Thing” with Russell just killing some J&B Whiskey, or all the heavy drinking done in yet another Carpenter film “Vampires” (The Prostitute Party Scene).
But Budweiser has to understand it’s just a movie, now the flip side to all this is it does bring Budweiser more attention because they decided to speak out load over this all together.
And all in all the movie did take in $25 million at the debut showing of it. But the even more step into the frying pan thing about it is, Washington’s character drinks a good amount of other liquors. He downed vodka, he downed even absolute!, (LOL dam he was drinking it up!), I don’t know if it was a third liquor but main drink was vodka. And then he gets behind that 747 wheel, and goes to work haha.
But Budweiser said it like this, after they was questioned about the appearance of their drink in the movie. “We would never condone the misuse of our products, and have a long history of promoting responsible drinking and preventing drunk driving”, which was the statement Vice President of Budweiser Rob McCarthy wrote.
But LOL it’s not Washington’s fault he just got sidelined into this screwed up angle to Paramount’s mess up, by not checking in with the “King Of Beers” King Bud!
Till then. My Motto: Stay calm, cool, collective, knowing that the noly thing that keeps you from making a difference is yourself strive for the best!
- Has Budweiser Derailed Denzel Washington and Flight Oscar Chances? (contactmusic.com)
- Denzel Washington’s Flight Marred by Product Placement Issue as Budweiser Want Images of Their Beer Removed. (contactmusic.com)
- Anheuser-Busch Upset Over Budweiser Placement in ‘Flight’ (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Film: Newswire: Budweiser being a total buzzkill about its appearance in Flight (avclub.com)
- Budweiser wants brand removed from Denzel Washington film ‘Flight’ (macleans.ca)
- Budweiser to Paramount: Take Our Beer Out of Flight (newser.com)
- Budweiser seeks removal from ‘Flight’ (kfwbam.com)
- Duh Aficionado Magazine: Drunk People Drink Budweiser (videogum.com)
- Anheuser-Busch To Paramount: Take Budweiser Out Of Your Movie! (huffingtonpost.com)