Amanda Knox: “Trial Error”
(Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito Pictured)
Knox was acquitted of the charges in the previous trial, but now an Italian Court is saying different because they are pushing for a new trial date and have decided that Knox should be imprisoned again until her case is proves that she is innocent of the charges.
Knox lives in Seattle, she returned to her home state after she was released from the Capanne prison in Italy back in 2011.
Her case was thrown out because of how the prosecution of the case was handled, so basically the case was “botched” from the beginning.
But if the curt is so inclined they could just ignore the prosecution’s appeal for a new trial, but the Supreme Court is standing firm on the fact that Knox should not have been parted nor set free.
And in some cases presented, the high court usually deals with deciding on what course of actions to take on the same day that arguments of the case is heard.
But in Knox’s case, it is more complicated and complex which will push it for further proceedings.
Another one of Meredith Kercher’s roommates, that was also accused of her murder Francesco Sollecito (Knox’s Boyfriend) had released a statement saying.. “We have waited so many years, one night is not going to make a difference,” he said that standing outside of the courthouse.
Both Knox and Sollecito were convicted of the murder crime against Kercher, but because of their testimonials in which the two were supposedly high on marijuana the night of Kercher’s murder were she was found in a pool of her own blood in her bedroom.
She had shared an apartment with both Knox and Sollecito at the time that had taken place.
And after Knox and Sollecito are now both students in college, Sollecito continued he pursue of Computer Science and Knox is presently a student at University of Washington.
So now the prosecutors are trying to overturn the acquittals for both Sollecito and Knox in a re-trial attempt.
Even though the Italian law states that it cannot compel Knox to be order back to Italy. And even so if she was back on trial there and her case retried, and if she is found in contempt of court there would not be any additional penalties that she would face.
As of now, Knox is anxiously waiting to see what lies in store for her next. And no doubt she has a lot to think about as she wonders what the High Court’s decision will be decided on what direction to take on her case.
Amanda Knox: “Trail Error”
(By: Jaye Irons)
- Amanda Knox awaits verdict on prosecutors’ appeal of Italy murder trial acquittal (oregonlive.com)
- Knox a ‘co-author of homicide’? (cnn.com)
- Italian judges to rule in Amanda Knox case (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- The Amanda Knox Saga Continues (gnosticbent.wordpress.com)
- Italy court to decide whether Amanda Knox should be tried again for murder (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Amanda Knox awaits retrial decision as Kercher family speak out over ‘unanswered questions’ (independent.co.uk)
- Amanda Knox could be retried in death of Meredith Kercher (bazaardaily.com)
- Amanda Knox awaits appeal verdict from Italy’s highest court (nwcn.com)