Gnarls Barkley (St. Elsewhere)..
When I first heard of Cee-Lo, honestly I didn’t know who in the world this guy was. Then I asked some people who is this Cee-Lo guy anyhow, and they just looked at me like they were looking into the depths of deep dark outer space LOL.
So I looked at them like they were on something, or maybe they had a mind-short circuit thing happened to them and they forgot tot tell me about it.
They said to me… “Dude what planet have you been hiding on, Cee-Lo is the guy who does some tripped out music that you have heard of on the radio no doubt.”
So I said… “No, the name doesn’t ring a bell or sound familiar to me at all.”
So one of the guys then took out his MP3 player, and played one of Cee-lo’s tracks..
The song started up with that beat that did sound familiar to me, and the words came out…
“I remember when, I remember when and then it crossed my mind.. It was just something special about that place”..
So then I said..
“Yea I know that one, that’s the song called “Crazy!”
And the guys was like, “Yea man, if you don’t know that song, then something is wrong with you for real”..
So I joked back with them and said, well I don’t listen to a lot of rap. Just some of the songs that really catch my attention.
And they said.. “Hell ya man, that guy is a “genius” with the stuff that he comes out with in his songs.
(CD cover to “Gnarls Barkley” left featuring “St. Elsewhere“)
That was a while back when I last thought about Cee-Lo, but then today somebody brought him up in a discussion.
And it brought back that moment again, now I did have a “Gnarls Barkley” CD back a few years ago but lost it.
I bought the CD after I kept hearing “Crazy” being played, like it was going out of style (it was widely popular a few years back).
Now this is the thing about some of the other songs, that I heard Cee-Lo singing out on the CD.
One really caught my ear it had the title of a popular TV show back then called “St. Elsewhere”.
It was some hospital TV show back in the 80’s, but Cee-Lo’s song has the same name and matter of fact it was the cover name for the hip-hop group “Gnarls Barkley” when their debut album came out and they were on CD’s.
“Danger Mouse”, was the guy (songwriter & producer) that helped Cee-Lo get his outrageously “badass” music idea to flow.
(producer “Dangermouse” pictured right)
And it just caught on like a fever, fans loved the material that was present in their songs.
So take a listen to one of the ones I liked “St. Elsewhere”, by Gnarls Barkley..
(Click below to watch)
(By: Jaye Irons)
- Gnarls Barkley-Crazy (cogitabunda.wordpress.com)
- Christina Aguilera AND Cee Lo Green Are Back On The Voice! Catch A Glimpse Of Season 5 HERE! (perezhilton.com)
- Cee Lo Green – “The Lady Killer” (albumdaily.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Cee Lo Green! Vote For Your Favorite Cee Lo Costume! (popdust.com)
- We’ll see no Cee Lo at future Riverbends (timesfreepress.com)
- Vicci Martinez Reunites With ‘Voice’ Mentor Cee Lo Green For New Album (965tic.cbslocal.com)
- Cee Lo Green apologizes for Riverbend performance (timesfreepress.com)
- Cee Lo — Please UN-BAN Me From Chattanooga!! (tmz.com)
- Profile: Cee Lo Tha Ghost (zambianmusicblog.wordpress.com)
- Cee Lo Being Sued For Two No-Shows (myhoustonmajic.com)